LG recently launched the Optimus L9 phone and by the looks of it, it does seem like a decent buy for the mid-tier market as it is not too expensive. The Optimus L9 may not stand out against its competition as it doesn't contain any features to make it a sure-shot buy but it does however have a really good design, which a lot of mid-tier phones seem to lack these days. So if you want a phone that is no slouch in specs department and is great to look at, the LG Optimus L9 is your phone.
LG Optimus L9 Features and Specs
- 4.7" (11.9 cm) IPS Display (960x540) resolution
- Android ICS 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Dual Core 1 GHz processor with 1 GB of RAM
- 5MP rear camera, VGA front camera
- 131.9 x 68.2 x 9.1mm, 125g
- Quad-Band GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and Dual-Band 3G (900, 2100 MHz)
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, A-GPS
- 4 GB Internal Memory, external via microSD
- 2150 mAh battery
LG Optimus L9 Display and Design OverviewThe L9 is a sleek device, measuring only 0.4-inches, which gives it a nice and classy look overall. The phone is 5.1 inches tall and 2.7 inches in width, and the lightly textured back plate gives it a premium appearance that is often present in top-tier phones like the iPhone5 and the Samsung S3. The phone is priced at Rs 23,000 on LG India's official site which to be honest is not really that expensive for its 960x540 display made out of Gorilla Glass 2 backed by Android ICS(4.0.4) with Optimus 3.0 skin as its OS.
The L9 runs smooth, with its 1GHz processor seeming more than capable of running the phone and OS. It's definitely not the fastest but there's no noticeable lag on the phone either. Overall the phone is a pretty decent buy if you're looking to buy a good quality NFC phone, with a great aesthetic and design that is not too expensive and still offers the features of the Android OS.
Advantages/Pros- Relatively cheap for its features, priced at Rs 23,000(~ €260)
- Great design and aesthetic appeal
- Large 4.7 Inch qHD Display with Gorilla Glass 2
- Offers more features than its competitors like Xperia P, Samsung S Advance and S3 Mini
Disadvantage/Cons- Camera isn't very impressive at 5 Megapixels and the photos taken are average
- Android Version is Ice Cream Sandwich with no news for future Jelly Bean upgrades