Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus AnnouncedThe original Samsung Galaxy S2 was one of the first Samsung phones which became extremely popular before the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S3 and now Samsung has decided to get a little more out of the S2 line by announcing the Samsung S2 Plus and the phone comes with pretty much the same specs as the Original Galaxy S2. However unlike its predecessor, the phone has nothing special to ensure that it stands out among the horde of Android devices today. As the pricing of the Samsung Galaxy S2 isn't yet decided, there is no way to know where it actually stands but the newest offering by Samsung fails to make a good first impression, especially considering that the original S2 was so popular when it was released. One way the Galaxy S2 Plus can make an impression is if it releases at a competitive price as the offered specs would be a great buy for an lower-mid tier Android phone.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Features and Specs
- 4.3-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch with Gorilla Glass
- 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 8.5mm thick (for non-NFC version) and weighing 122 g grams
- 8MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording 30fps and 2MP front-facing camera
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v 3.0, GPS/GLONASS and NFC (optional)
- 1650 mAh battery
What do you think of the new Samsung Galaxy S2? Will it make its mark on the market and become as popular as the original S2? Let us know in the comments.