Firmware detailsPDA: I9100XWLSE
Version: Android 4.1.2
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean features
- Google Now
- UI smoother and performance, stability improvements (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full user interface revamp (Similar UI like the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung's Cloud based services
- New Lockscreen with many added customisation options
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New widgets (From Galaxy S3)
- Free 50GB Dropbox storage
- Two Home screen modes
- Upgraded Notification Bar
Galaxy S2 users who missed out on installing the latest Jelly Bean build through the official method can follow this step-by-step guide below to install the update manually using Odin.
While the method is a little more complicated than the over-the-air updates, you might want to proceed at your own risk. According to us the method is fully working but you might want to verify the model number of your device before proceeding since the Android 4.1.2 XWLSE Jelly Bean works only on the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and not on any other variant.
- Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on the computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode. [Press Menu -> Settings -> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
- Back up all data of the phone. In case the phone is having a custom recovery installed, then create a backup for the same.
- The battery of Galaxy S2 should have above 80 per cent of charge.
- The phone should be factory unlocked.
- The device will lose root with the installation of official firmware.
How to Update/Install Android JellyBean 4.1.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100
- Download Android 4.1.2 I9100XWLSE Jelly Bean Official Firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100 to the computer and extract the downloaded zip file
- Download Odin v1.85 which will help to install Jelly Bean firmware
- Power off the phone. Enter Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Then press the Power button again to enter Download Mode
- Run Odin on the computer
- Connect the phone to the computer while it is in Download Mode. If the phone is connected to the computer successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step is likely to take some time
- Select these files, which are extracted from I9100XWLSE folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
- Click on PDA and select the file with CODE in its name
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
- Click on PIT and select .pit file
- [Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]