Samsung's Galaxy Grand Duos is starting to become the new popular mid-range phone thanks to its good specs and a large screen. Now even though Samsung has included quite a bit of software into the phone, its not really YOUR phone until you have started customizing your Android, and the first step of it is to root your phone. Rooting your Android opens a whole new arena of features that allow you to install powerful apps such as Titanium Backup as well as being able to install Custom ROMs for your phone. In this post we have laid out the steps you need to follow to root your Galaxy Grand GT-I9082.
- A desktop or a computer with a stable Internet connection
- A good amount of battery charge on your phone, about 40-50%
- A USB Cable to connect your phone to your computer
Steps to Root Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082
- Take a backup of the current data on your phone
- Download the SuperUser patch UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.00.zip
- Transfer this file directly to your microSD card
- Enable the USB Debugging mode by going to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Switch off your Galaxy Grand Duos
- Switch the phone on in the Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously for 5 seconds. Once the phone is in the Recovery mode, you can use Volume Up and Down to scroll and the Home button to select
- Select the second option 'Install zip from SD card' and you can select 'Choose zip from SD card'
- Then locate and select the downloaded file 'UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.00.zip'
- After the installation is complete you will get a message saying 'Install from SD card complete' after which you can select the option 'Reboot system now'